Friday 29 April 2011

Dandelion Wine

Yarrow at Oakmoon studio posted a recipe for Dandelion wine which I couldn't resist making once I'd seen it. Those who read my blog will know that I've made sloe gin, elderberry and blackberry wine before, so far elderflower champagne comes top as the best tipple. Once the idea was in my head that was it .... The next day I went to a field near where I work with bucket in hand to pick 4/5 pints worth, pretty easy really as these weedy plants are so abundant. Picking the green bits off once I got them home was another matter it took me about an hour and a half and I ended up with very orange sticky fingers;-(. As you can see the juice is quite orange resembling wee wee a bit. By the way I can confirm its a myth about the bed wetting

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure it won't taste like wee Debs.
    Wouldn't mind a wee drop myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you a bottle if you want but only if its decent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it works out well. Is it bubbling? Mine smells VERY strong :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of doing some dandelion wine, not got any country wines on the go from this year yet... Sounds like a messy, but fun job. Have you ever tried dandelion wine before? Wonder what it tastes like...

    Thanks for visiting our blog by the way, glad to have found yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. never had the dandy juice before so its all new territory for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of dandelion wine but haven't ever had it...I read the recipe and it sounds good with the orange zest and juice and all. Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete