Sunday 25 April 2010

Inquisitive Birds


Years ago my mum, dad, brother Mick, aunt, uncle, and two cousins would go through Marles Wood to the river Ribble for a day's fishing, the weather always seemed much better and prolonged in those days. Must remember to have a look at those old seventies pictures, so funny with my dad sporting a big tash and flares. Anyway last week Phil and I went to Ribchester to check it out, it's still unspoilt and a great place to take Harry for a swim. Yesterday Harry came with us and had a ball in the water with his much loved sticks.
On the way back spotted what I think is a Sparrow, (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), we were both checking each other out. It's not fantastic but its the best I've done so far and I was really pleased with it. Later in the day the cheeky robin came for a look at what I was doing in the garden, he was not amused that there was a piece of wood on his feeding station.

2 comments:

  1. Your robins are so much smaller than ours--but just as cheeky! And the sparrow with his little ruffled feathers is so dear. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Sparrow to me Debbie. And I hope you've moved that wood for the Robin. He does look a little concerned.

    ReplyDelete